Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Blog



Web 2.0 Here I Come...

I plan to eventually teach at a Second grade level in Portland, Oregon.




In class today I learned about Web 2.0 and the various programs available to the public that I did not know existed. I particularly enjoyed playing around on the website bighugelabs.com It was amazing to see the resources that can easily be incorporated into the classroom. I played around with one program in particular that added various frames to existing pictures. I thought that this would be a fun and unique way to display photos in the classroom, or have my students edit their photos and learn about various layouts.
It was also very interesting to watch some of the YouTube videos that explained the concepts, and use of each program. Some of these included; Blogs, Wikis, RSS, Social Bookmarking, and online photos sharing sites. I would definitely like to explore some of these sites more, before designing a lesson to incorporate them into my future classroom. I could see how students could keep an online journal in a blog for an assignment, or for personal use. One student suggested posting pictures online from field trips, or class projects and taking time to review them as a class. These pictures could also be available for parents to also view class activities.It is exciting to see the possibilities that technology can bring to the classroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment